About Me

My photo
I operate an Internet radio show that seeks to help independent entertainers and artists promote their projects.

Monday 12 October 2015

What I've Learned From My Cat: By guest: Casey Sheridan



I asked Casey if he would like to do a Casey Crossover to help me in my month long celebration of National Feral Cat Day (I'm donating my book royalties for the month) – it's officially on the 16th of Oct, and I was so excited (and relieved) that he said yes. And the best part is he told me about the MIRA Foundation.The MIRA Foundation trains and provides guide dogs, or service dogs, for the blind and those with other disabilities. I encourage you to check them out http://www.mira.ca/en/about-us-/3/mission_43.html 





On to my post……What I've Learned From My Cat

Paper Towels – I've learned to never, ever leave a roll of paper toweling out in the open. There have been numerous mornings when I have entered the kitchen to find the ENTIRE ROLL was used to "re-carpet" the kitchen floor. WTH?!?

Then there are the times I have witnessed the "tiger" leap to the counter and knock the unsuspecting roll of toweling to the floor only to pounce on it, tackle it, and proceed to rip it to shreds (Ugh! The mess!). What this poor roll of paper towels did to deserve such a violent death, I'll never know. I probably wouldn't understand anyway. It's a cat thing.

Boxes – Every box in the house belongs to the cat. No matter how big or small, no matter what it's made of, the box belongs to the cat, even if it doesn't.

You may have to be a cat owner to understand this saying from a cat, "If I fits, I sits". This is true. Even if the cat doesn't fit – he fits. I've had some narrow, skinny shoe boxes and inevitably the fattest cat in the house makes himself fit. Hence, the permanently disfiguring of said box with bulging sides.

For those of you not in the know – this box ownership thing also extends to every drawer with clothing and every shelf in every closet. Basically, everything in the house belongs to the cats. Including me. I'm allowed to leave on a regular basis to procure more shit for the cats to own.

Cat Fur – No matter how many lint rollers I own, no matter their strength, I will always be covered in cat fur. I've learned to deal. You should too.

Privacy – Privacy? People assume that because I don't have creatures called children that I must have an abundance of privacy and, therefore, have no idea what it's like to be hounded by creatures.

Not. True.

Cats, like children, are attuned to every sound and every move. I go the bathroom – BOOM! The cat is right there (just like the children creatures – or so I've heard), sitting in front of me, and purring as loud as ever. He then walks around to the side of the toilet, poking my hip with his paw as if to say, "What are you doing? I hear water running in there. I want to see."

No, Cecil. That's just me peeing.

Unconditional Love – My cats love me. I know many people think cats and dogs aren't capable, but I think those people are full of shit (Damn. I got sweary again. Bloody ell). They may not feel it the same way we do, and they may not express it in the same way either, but it's there, in their hearts and in their language.

My cats love me now matter what I look like, what I weigh, what clothes I wear, no matter my mood, or the mistakes I've made in the past, present, and future. It doesn't matter what my opinion is on any subject, or if I say something hurtful, or stupid, they always forgive me. They love me. Unconditionally.

This has taught me to love the few people I do love, unconditionally, whether they are near or far away, because you never know when they won't be around anymore and because this world is filled with so much anger it's always nice to know someone out there loves you.

We mere humans are always so afraid of expressing softer feelings to those we care about whether from past bad experiences, because we don't want to look foolish, or because we're unsure if the other person feels the same. My cats have taught me that it's better to say "I love you" then not, that it's better to hug someone you love than not, and to tell someone you love that they mean a lot to you then to not say it at all. It's okay if they don't reciprocate. Maybe they don't know how. It's more important that you tell them, then not tell them. With that being said – Casey, you're my second favorite Casey in the whole wide world (I'm the first), and I'm so glad we've "met" (thanks to Eden). I love working with you, you're a lot of fun and a great guy. If we lived closer to each other, I'd hug you. For real.

Anyway…

I love my cats unconditionally. No matter how many of my earrings they lose, or how many pens and pencils they shove under the refrigerator, or how much kitty litter they spread all over the hallway floor. And no matter how many times they fucked up my writing of this post by walking across my keyboard (Damn it, Cecil)! I love them. Unconditionally
=^. .^=

***

My Casey Crossover post is part of my #NationalFeralCatDay celebration. I would like to encourage you to learn about feral cats, outdoor cats, how to care for them, and find out about all the many ways you can help by visiting Alley Cat Allies website at www.alleycat.org

If you'd like to take part in the festivities of National Feral Cat Day in your community (U.S. and International) this 16 October, visit www.nationalferalcatday.org

Also, when you purchase any of my books during the month of October (the 1st through 31st, 2015) I will donate all the royalties to Alley Cat Allies. Let's help kitties live happy, healthy lives. You can find my books here: http://bit.ly/AmznProfile

Thank you for stopping by to read my post! I hope you enjoyed it. I had fun trying to write it. No thanks to Cecil.

Thank you, Casey, for letting me take over your blog today. I hope you had enough Benadryl to handle all the cat fur around here.

Remember everyone, to adopt, don't shop, for your next pet – visit your local shelter and give some lucky dog or cat (or whatever) their forever home.

xoxo,
Casey S

Bio
Like most authors, Casey Sheridan began writing when she was very young. It was later in life when she read her first piece of erotica and it was on a dare that she wrote her first erotic story.

Casey enjoys writing erotic, fun, and romantic fiction with unique storylines.

An introvert and lover of chocolate, Casey is happiest when writing. She enjoys listening to music, watching movies, and reading. She loves animals and volunteers to care for local feral/outdoor kitty pals.

Add your name to Casey's mailing list to be kept up to date on her latest news and releases: http://eepurl.com/bacS9D

Find her on the Web at:
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/SmwrdsProfile

2 comments:

  1. I love your passion for your cats, Casey. It's really endearing, and unconditional love is so hard to come by, xox
    eden
    Great crossover posts with Casey R. Makes me wish my name was Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Casey! Even though I don't have any cats anymore, I do remember their antics quite well. :-) As for bathroom privacy, try fitting in the bathroom with 2 chihuahuas, a spaniel mix, and a pitbull. Big sissies, I can't go anywhere without them. LOL! (The pitbull and one of the chihuahuas are my son's dogs, and I had them the week before last for a week!)

    ReplyDelete